GPLI Team – Health Literacy Heroes
Health Literacy Heroes is an interprofessional team made up of four organizations across North Texas: Alzheimer’s Association, MedStar Mobile Healthcare, HSC SaferCare Texas, University of Texas Arlington.
|MedStar Mobile Healthcare
|HSC SaferCare Texas
Coached by Lynn Jackson, PhD, LCSW, ACSW – Associate Professor & Dir. of Field Education, TCU
Training or Transport: Improving Dementia Caregiver Understanding to Improve Outcomes, aims to:
- Develop health literate tools, materials, and dissemination plans
- Educate first responders about health literacy & dementia
- Refer caregivers to resources
- Connect patients with providers for further evaluation
- Provide and evaluate five in-person, one-hour training on the following topics: Alzheimer’s and dementia, AD8 Dementa Screening Interview, Health literacy and communication with dementia patients
- Create and evaluate one online training for 911 EMS First Responders
- Assess MedStar referrals made to caregivers for dementia resources
Click here to view the final project presentation.
For more information or questions, please contact Teresa Wagner, DrPH, MS, CPH, RD/LD, CPPS, CHWI, DipACLM, CHWC at Teresa.Wagner@unthsc.edu.
For more information about GPLI, visit unthsc.edu/GPLI.
This page was last modified on October 12, 2020