The Career Center facilitates many aspects of the Residency Application process for Fourth Year DO students. This includes writing the Medical Student Performance Evaluation, or MSPE (aka, “Dean’s Letter”), reviewing student CVs and Personal Statements and coordinating the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) process. Access to ERAS commences for each class annually in early June at the end of Third Year.
** Please submit all ERAS-related questions to the following campus e-mail address: ERAS@unthsc.edu or to the AAMC ERAS help desk at email@example.com, or call ERAS at (202) 862-6264. We will send all ERAS-related communication from the UNTHSC ERAS e-mail address to UNTHSC-issued student e-mail addresses.
Also, follow us on Twitter for important ERAS messages: @UNTHSCareers **
Dean’s Letter Personal Profile Submission Form – submit before your Dean’s Letter Interview during your Third Year (generally between May and August).
For the 2020 class, this form was distributed through Formstack: https://unthsc.formstack.com/forms/mspe_poc.
Below are several resources and documents to assist students in navigating through this process:
- AAMC/ERAS Home page
- Online ERAS Resources and Tutorials
- ERAS 2020 User Guide (from AAMC/ERAS website)
- ERAS 2020 Survival Guide Coming soon!
- NEW! ERAS 2020 Webinar (conducted 6/28/19)
- TCOM 2020 ERAS/MSPE Updates (conducted 3/1/19)
- Residency 100 Recording: TCOM 2020 (conducted 12/14/18; starts at 9:30 mark)
- Standardized Video Interview (SVI) for Emergency Medicine (Recorded version from 6/21/19 in Canvas)
- Residency Interviewing PowerPoint
- Sample MSPE (aka, “Dean’s Letter”) – Updated template for 2020 Coming soon!
- NEW! ERAS LOR Guidelines/Best Practices (for Letter Authors)
- Non-ERAS Letter of Recommendation Request Form (LOR’s for other uses, such as VSAS and Scholarships)
- The CV
- Personal Statements
This page was last modified on August 1, 2019