The Career Center facilitates many aspects of the Residency Application process for Fourth Year DO students. This includes writing the Medical Student Performance Evaluatoin, or MSPE (aka, “Dean’s Letter”), reviewing student CVs and Personal Statements and coordinating the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) process. Access to ERAS commences for each class on July 1 at the end of Third Year.
** Please submit all ERAS-related questions to the following campus e-mail address: ERAS@unthsc.edu or to the AAMC ERAS help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call ERAS at (202) 862-6264. We will send all ERAS-related communication from the UNTHSC ERAS e-mail address to UNTHSC-issued student e-mail addresses.
Also, follow us on Twitter for important ERAS messages: @UNTHSCareers **
Dean’s Letter Personal Profile Submission Form – submit before your Dean’s Letter Interview during your Third Year (generally between May and August).
For the 2019 class, this form was distributed through Formstack: https://unthsc.formstack.com/forms/mspe_poc.
Below are several resources and documents to assist students in navigating through this process:
- AAMC/ERAS Home page
- Online ERAS Resources and Tutorials
- ERAS 2019 User Guide (from AAMC/ERAS website)
- ERAS 2019 Survival Guide
- ERAS 2019 Webinar (conducted 6/8/18; starts around the 6:00 mark)
- Residency 101 Presentation (ERAS/Dean’s Letter only) (conducted 3/23/18)
- Residency 101 Recording (entire session)
- NEW! Residency 100 Recording: TCOM 2020 (conducted 12/14/18; starts at 9:30 mark)
- NEW! ERAS-MSPEOverview 2020_Residency 100_12-14-18 (conducted 12/14/18)
- Standardized Video Interview (SVI) for Emergency Medicine (2019 version)
- Residency Interviewing PowerPoint
- Sample MSPE (aka, “Dean’s Letter”) – Updated template for 2020 (coming soon!)
- NEW! ERAS LOR Guidelines/Best Practices (for Letter Authors)
- Non-ERAS Letter of Recommendation Request Form (LOR’s for other uses)
- The CV
- Personal Statements
This page was last modified on March 15, 2019