The University of North Texas Health Science Center offers free confidential counseling sessions to students with My SSP through LifeWorks. The 24/7 SSP provides support for:
My SSP through LifeWorks (24/7 immediate and ongoing counseling):
1-866-743-7732 | us.myissp.com |
Or call or chat directly from the free My SSP app.
The student emergency fund provides emergency financial assistance to enrolled students who are having temporary financial hardships due to unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances.
- Student must have a temporary financial hardship resulting from a sudden emergency, accident or unforeseen event.
- Student must have exhausted all financial assistance through Financial Aid Office.
- Student must be currently enrolled at HSC during the semester seeking financial assistance.
- Funds are awarded only to the recipient.
- Student must be able to provide requested documentation.
- Proper documentation must be provided within the application and/or during meeting with the SEF representative which may include:
- Documentation of the crisis situation: photo's, doctor's note, insurance claim, etc.
- Bills or invoices for payments to be made
- A representative of the SEF will contact the student for more information and/or to set a meeting with the student in a timely manner.
- Replacement of essential personal items due to a fire, natural disaster, or theft
- Funds for immediate shelter
- Safety needs
- Prescriptions or other cost related to medical care
A request for financial assistance does not automatically guarantee approval.
The UNTHSC Student Health Clinic is located at 855 Montgomery St, 3rd Floor North. For up to date hours of operation, please visit the Student Health Services website. In the event of an emergency, go to the nearest hospital.
Contact Student Health Clinic:
United Healthcare Student Resources is the current insurance provider for UNTHSC students. All students are required to have health insurance and must maintain health insurance coverage while enrolled at UNTHSC.
Contact Student Health Insurance:
UNTHSC cares about our students’ success, not only academically, but emotionally and physically. Because of our commitment, we provide caring and confidential services across campus that respond to our students’ unique needs.
The mission of the Care Team is to:
- Contribute to healthier communities by assisting in protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the students and members of the UNTHSC community.
- Foster student success.
- Provide a comprehensive response to students whose behavior is disruptive to themselves or the educational environment, or may be in violation of the Student Code of Conduct & Discipline.
The Care Team often collaborates with other offices within the campus community. Other offices with similar purposes include the Office of Student Affairs, Center for Academic Performance, and the UNTHSC Police Department.
Contact Care Team:
The Care Team brochure can be found here.
The Center for Academic Performance (CAP) is committed to helping all UNTHSC students meet their personal and academic goals by providing comprehensive academic programs. We offer services designed to enhance all levels of academic performance through academic consultations, learning assessments, and self-management.
- Academic Counseling
- Learning and Study Strategy Assessments
- Writing Support
- Workshops on: Time Management, Test Taking, Paper Formatting, and Strengths Based Learning
The UNT Health Science Center cares about our students’ emotional and physical wellbeing and strives to provide all students with a campus environment that is conducive to academic endeavors and social and individual growth.
In an effort to increase opportunities to identify students of concern, a new form has been created that will capture Care Team referrals, violations of the Student Code of Conduct & Discipline, and Sexual Assault/Sexual Misconduct (Title IX) reports within one central online form. The Student of Concern Reporting Form can be found at: http://unthsc.edu/studentofconcern.
Individuals referring students of concern can select the nature of their report and identify and provide context for the nature of their concern. By utilizing one central referral method, opportunities are created to gather complete and thorough information in an effort to support students in a holistic manner.
Thank you for playing a part in keeping our students safe and contributing to solutions for a healthier community!