Beginning Aug. 1, 2016, Texas law allows individuals with concealed handgun licenses to legally carry their weapons in most locations at the Health Science Center, as well as other public universities in Texas.
- The open carry of weapons on college campuses is never permitted on campus.
- CHL holders are prohibited from bringing their weapons to the following locations:
- Clinical areas of the Patient Care Center
- The on-campus daycare facility
- Locations where student disciplinary hearings are taking place
- If you see someone with an exposed weapon, please call UNTHSC Police at 817-735-2600.
- Read policy 4.111 Carrying of Concealed Handguns on Campus at unthsc.edu/policies.
This page was last modified on June 16, 2016