Staff evaluations are completed through EIS (People Soft). Training sessions are offered each year beginning in May and continuing through September 30th. There are four separate sessions offered:
1) Employee Session — this session covers the completion of a Self-Evaluation and how the signature process works. This session is intended for employees (both Non-Supervisors and Supervisors) completing a Self-Evaluation.
2) Supervisor Session — this session covers the evaluation completion process including: form, self-evaluation, meeting, and signature process. This session is intended for individuals who supervise others (Direct Reports).
3) Department Head Session — this session covers the electronic approval process in EIS for Department Heads. This session is intended for Department Heads only.
If you are not able to attend one of the training sessions the manuals are available below to guide you through the process.
2013 Rating Scale — this document describes in detail the annual evaluation rating scale
Facilitating Effective Performance Evaluations — This “Best Practices & Tips” quick reference handout will assist supervisors in preparing to write a performance evaluation, gives examples on specific comments, and how to rate an employee.
Evaluator Quick Reference Guide — this reference guide will assist supervisors in their role as evaluator
Employee Quick Reference Guide — this reference guide will assist employees (supervisory or non-supervisory) with the self-evaluation process
Accessing EIS Evaluation Center — this manual guides you through the process to access the Evaluation Center in EIS.
EIS Evaluation Process Manual — this manual guides you through the process for completing the Annual Evaluation in EIS.
EIS Evaluation Print Process Manual — this manual guides Supervisors through the process of printing a completed evaluation which can be provided to employees during the Evaluation Meeting or just as a copy.
EIS Evaluation Designee Manual — this manual assists Supervisors and Department Heads through the process of designating other Supervisors to view and complete the evaluation process.
EIS Signature Process Manual — this manual assists Employee’s, Supervisor’s, and Department Heads in completing the electronic signature process for the final evaluation.
Viewing Your Training Summary
Your training summary report will display all classes that were taken on campus as long as you registered for those classes in EIS. It will also display other professional development classes that you entered into the EIS system. To view your report follow the directions below:
Log-in to the EIS Portal:
- Select the Human Resources tab
- In the Training and Development section select “Training Summary”
Staff Performance Evaluation Forms
The evaluation forms can be found on the Human Resources website. These forms are in .pdf format.