Student Accounting Payment Information
Notice: A service fee will be charged for Credit/Debit Card Payments of student account bills beginning Fall 2016.
UNT HSC is happy to provide students a range of options for paying educational expenses. However, those choosing to pay by credit or debit card for the educational expenses billed through Student Accounting will begin paying a 2.7% service fee, effective October 1, 2016. The fee covers the cost to the University for making credit and debit card payments available.
Several payment options remain available without the additional service fee. Payment can be made online with an electronic check, checks can be mailed and cash, checks, cashier’s checks and money orders are accepted at Cashiering Services in the Student Services Building, Room 150.
Online payments may be made 24 hours a day via the Student Center @ my.hsc.unt.eduusing American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa or E-check.
Payment by Cash or Check
Cash and check payments are accepted at the Cashier’s Office, SSC 150, M-F, 8-5
Payment by Mail
Checks may also be mailed; however, payments must be received by the due date and postmarks will not be considered. Please include your full name and student id number on checks to insure proper credit.
Mail check payments to:
Office of Student Finance & Cashiering Services
1051 Haskell St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Cash payments via mail are not accepted.
Payment by Installment
UNT HSC provides the following alternatives for the payment of tuition and fees during the Fall and Spring semesters for non-D.O. students:
- Full payment of tuition and fees upon registration or by the payment due date; or
- One-third payment of tuition and fees upon registration, or by the payment deadline, with one-third due in each of the next two months.
- Installment plans are self-service and can be set up on your Student Center at MyHSC.
- Installment Plans are not offered during the Summer semester.
- UNT HSC provides for payment of tuition and fees for D.O. students through the following alternatives:
- Full payment of tuition and fees upon registration.
- Payment in two installments with the first installment due prior to the first day of classes and the second installment due prior to the first day of class in January. (Default plan)
- Payment in four installments with the first installment due prior to the first day of classes, the second installment due in September, the third installment due prior to the first day of class in January, and the final installment due in March. (Alternative plan)
- The alternative plan is self-service and can be set up on your Student Center at MyHSC.
The following fees may not be included in an installment payment plan and must be paid along with the first installment: Late Registration Fee, Student Health Insurance Fee.
- By choosing the Installment Plan, a student recognizes they are in a contractual agreement.
- A student who fails to make payment of tuition and fees, including any incidental fees, by the due date, may be prohibited from registering for classes until full payment is made.
- A student who fails to make payment prior to the end of the semester may be denied credit for the work done that semester.
FAQs for Service Fees
Why is the University assessing a service fee for credit and debit card payments?
What is the service fee and how was the percentage established?
Do other colleges and universities assess a service fee for credit and debit card payments?
Are debit card payments also charged the service fee?
How will the service fee appear on my credit or debit card statement?
This page was last modified on October 22, 2018