A Leadership Intensive
Vision: UNTHSC leadership will be a collaborative team consisting of high-trust leaders fully aligned with “Our Values.”
The HSC Fellows program is designed to progressively develop leadership competencies needed for strategic leadership at the highest levels of responsibility within our institution.
HSC Fellows Application: Apply HERE (opens October 5th)
Past and Current Cohort of Fellows:
• February through November 2018
• Monthly from 12-5 pm
• Fourth Friday (2/23, 3/23, 4/23, 5/24*, 6/22, 7/27, 8/24, 9/28, 10/26, 11/1**)
*This is a Thursday
** Leadership 125 session- Project Presentations
• Expert Speakers
• Experiential Learning
• Collaborative Problem Solving
• Focus on eight competencies of UNTHSC values-based leadership:
- Leading with Trust
- Communication Skills
- Understanding Our Organization/Issues In Higher Education
- Talent Management and Development
- Innovative Decision-Making
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Design Thinking
- Thinking Strategically
• Professional Growth
• Practical Application
• Applications for the 2018 Fellows class will be available from October 5- November 1.
• Applications are open to all active members of the monthly Leadership 125 program.
• The application deadline is November 1st at 11:59 p.m.
• Announcement of the 2018 HSC Fellows class will occur by December 15th.
- Submit a statement of interest that addresses topics such as your view of leadership, future career/life objectives, your leadership strengths and areas of growth (include examples), and reasons for pursuing the Fellows Program (500 words or less).
- What do you believe are the biggest challenges facing UNTHSC today? Choose one and discuss how you hope you will contribute to its solution aligned with Our Value of “Be Visionary” (300 words or less).
- Describe a specific example of a time when you, as a leader, took action guided by Our Values (100 words or less).
- Describe a recent example of how you gave someone specific recognition or praise (100 words or less).
- Describe a specific example of how you developed someone else as a leader (100 words or less).
FAQS can be accessed HERE.
This page was last modified on October 4, 2017