One of the most effective ways to accomplish a development goal is to write it down. This enables both the coach/supervisor and team member to think of ways to successfully translate development goals into actions steps that are needed to achieve the goal.
- The HSC Values-Based Coaching Culture will include scheduled coaching sessions between coaches and their team members.
- These scheduled sessions will occur three times a year, and will include a formal coaching plan template.
- The coaching plan is a shared responsibility between the team member and the coach.
- Team members will start the plan, and coaches will provide guidance in creating a plan that sets meaningful development goals.
UNTHSC Coaching Plan
- Coaching Plan- Option 1
- Complete this coaching plan for detailed alignment with the Performance Feedback structure or if you prefer the FY 16 format.
- Coaching Plan- Option 1 with instructions
- Use this plan for instructions embedded in the document. Select a cell in the Excel spreadsheet to view information.
- Coaching Plan- Option 2*
- Complete this coaching plan if you would prefer the less detailed format.
- Coaching Plan- For Coaches*
- Use this plan to take notes as well as get ideas for open ended coaching questions to guide the conversation.
* These are new options for coaching developed by the Coaching Plan Design Team through Design Thinking.
A special thanks to Robin Bartoletti, Susan Franks, Betsy Friauf, Caitlin Gibson, Deborah Gillespie, Elizabeth Heyerdahl, Kim Meyer, Joanne Mize, Matt Moncus, Emily Spence-Almaguer, Victor Uteshev, Annesha White, and Joseph Yuan for their leadership in reimagining the coaching plan.
Formal Coaching Resources
- Coach Notes– note taking template
- Coaching Action Plan– template for assisting with more detailed action planning
- Your Guide to Developing Effective Coaching Plans- English
- Your Guide for Developing Effective Coaching Plans – Spanish
- SEE_2020 Roadmap
Completed Coaching Plan Examples
- Coaching Plan- Option 1: Condensed Example
- Coaching Plan- Option 1: Completed Example 1
- Coaching Plan- Option 1:Completed Example 2
- Coaching Plan-Option 2: Completed Example 1
Questions? Please contact Jessica Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last modified on December 9, 2016