The UNT Health Science Center is on a coaching journey. With the foundation of our values-based coaching culture, we will use coaching a powerful tool that helps people grow and develop their potential in a values-based culture.
The Office of People Development (OPD) designed the UNTHSC coaching program to provide competent and credible coaches to partner with individuals, teams and groups to help identify and achieve challenging goals aligned with the UNTHSC SEE_2020 Roadmap and unit initiatives. OPD is using the International Coach Federation (ICF) guidelines to help develop competent and credible coaches throughout the UNTHSC.
Click HERE to view these competencies and to learn more.
Coaching assists all of our employees with having meaningful, individualized, and future-focussed goal-driven discussions to impact performance, increase engagement, and improve retention.
Click HERE to access the formal coaching plan.
Coaching is intended to give each faculty and staff member the following:
- A coach to encourage individual development
- A coach to talk about progress at least every four months
- A connection to the mission, vision and purpose of the institution
- Opportunities to do your best work
Coaching also assists with employee engagement. Read more about employee engagement below:
- Majority of U.S. Employees not Engaged Despite gains in 2014
- Going Through the Motions? The 2015 Survey of Faculty Workplace Engagement
Source: Gallup, Inc.
Questions? Email Jessica Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-735-2391.
Through the Power of Our Values, we can make a difference in lives of our People with coaching.
This page was last modified on November 17, 2016