Equal Opportunity provides guidance for faculty and staff regarding state and federal programs related to equity, diversity and non-discrimination in the workplace.
Here is our Equal Opportunity statement:
The UNT System is committed to providing an employment and learning environment at each component – UNT, UNTHSC, UNT Dallas, UNT Dallas College of Law and UNT System Administration – that gives each person the opportunity to be a productive and valued employee.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate. The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The Office of Equal Opportunity reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources and has responsibility for:
- Ensuring compliance with all Federal, State and local legislation and regulations, and serving as a liaison between the institution and regulatory agencies.
- Advising appropriate personnel on Federal, State and local legislation and regulations.
- Training and coaching on the Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action policies and procedures.
- Investigating any allegations of discrimination or non-compliance with the Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action policies and procedures.
- Preparing investigation reports and recommendations based on factual information gathered during investigations.
- Reviewing all proposed employment actions, to ensure adherence to the Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action policies and procedures.
- Reviewing job descriptions, to ensure essential duties comply with policies and regulations.
- Reviewing position advertisements, to ensure adherence to regulations and the Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action policies and procedures.
- Developing, implementing, monitoring, auditing and distributing the institution’s Affirmative Action Plan.
This page was last modified on April 25, 2017