Non-Renewal Notices and Terminal Faculty Contracts
1. Contact the Faculty Affairs Office (email@example.com) with the faculty member’s name.
2. Please begin by reading the Faculty Bylaws Article VII-Reappointment of Faculty regarding notification periods and other guidelines for non-renewal notices/terminal contracts for faculty.
3. Faculty Affairs will provide the necessary documents which the department will send to UNT System Office of General Counsel (Dolly Garcia).
4. The Department Chair must route the draft notice and documents received from Faculty Affairs to the Dean for the Dean to review, then route to UNT System Office of General Counsel (Dolly Garcia Dolly.Garcia@untsystem.edu) for review and approval.
6. Before sending the non-renewal notice to the faculty member, send the draft version to Faculty Affairs.
7. When sending the non-renewal notice to the faculty member, copy the Provost’s Office and Faculty Affairs. If the letter is being mailed or hand delivered, please send a copy via email for delivery verification.
8. If the letter is being sent by mail please use a method that requires signature receipt.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please note: All notices must go through legal review and approval.
This page was last modified on November 12, 2018