What is Directory or Public Information?
” . . . information contained in an education record of a student which would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed.” -(1988 Final Regulations)
Directory Information can NEVER include:
- Social security number or
- Student identification number
See University of North Texas Health Science Center Directory Information for those items that can be released.
Can directory information be released to anyone who requests it?
- NO – If the student has requested that directory information be withheld, no information can be released
- outside of UNTHSC except as provided by law.
- to anyone within UNTHSC who does NOT have a need to know.
- YES – If the student has NOT requested that directory information be withheld.
This page was last modified on June 10, 2015