In order to be eligible for F-1 status benefits such as Optional Practical Training (OPT), on-campus employment, program transfer, change of status, etc; you must maintain your immigration status. In order to maintain your status, you must:
1. Maintain a full-course of study: as defined by your program. No more than one 3 hour online class or distance learning class per semester towards your full time enrollment.
2. Refrain from unauthorized employment and do not work more than 20 hours per week in your on-campus employment position. All CPT needs an I-20 with CPT approval. You will need to request the CPT Authorization via OrgSync
3. Have your I-20 signed by International Student Services for travel outside the US.
4. Attend the school you are authorized to attend on your I-20. You must follow both USCIS and university transfer procedures to attend a new school.
5. Complete your program by the anticipated completion date on your I-20. If you cannot finish your program requirements by your I-20 completion date, follow extension procedures with International Student & Scholar Services.
6. Receive a new I-20 when transferring from one level to another or from one degree to another at the same university.
7. Have a valid, un-expired passport with at least 6 months into the future.
8. Notify International Student & Scholar Services and the Office of the Registrar of any change in residence or mailing address within 10 days of the change.
If at anytime you have a questions, contact International Student & Scholar Services. Any change could have serious consequences on your immigration status.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;