Community Counseling Resources

Crisis Intervention Contacts

In the event of an emergency or situation that elicits immediate intervention, please contact 911. These contacts play a secondary role to urgent situations and should be contacted only after initial notifications are made.

Listed Alphabetically:

Domestic Violence Against Women and Children – Safe Haven of Tarrant County

Hotline: 1-877-701-SAFE (7233)


John Peter Smith Hospital

Phone: 817-921-3431 (switchboard) or 817-927-1088 (24 hour emergency services)


Mental Health Association of Tarrant County


Mental Health Connection of Tarrant County


Mental Health Mental Retardation (MHMR) of Tarrant County

Phone: 817-569-4300 (main) or 817-335-3022 (crisis line)


Rape Crisis and Victim Services – The Women’s Center of Tarrant County

Hotline: 817-927-2737 or 817-927-4039


Substance Abuse

Hotline: 866-513-2712

Suicide (National) – National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Hotline: 800-273-TALK


Suicide North Texas – Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas

Hotline: 214-828-1000 or 866-672-5100

United Way of Tarrant County


Grief and Loss Handout

Find a Psychiatrist:

To find a Psychiatrist who is covered under the UNTHSC Student Health Insurance: United Health Care, and one who is located in your area, please follow these instructions:

  1. In the “Search” box located on the top right, type in: University of North Texas and click “Search”
  2. The search will pull up the link for “Univ. of North Texas System” listed under “Find My School’s Plan.”
  3. Click on “Univ. of North Texas System” link. This should pull up the Univ. of North Texas System page.
  4. Click on “United Behavioral Health” under “Search for Provider” on the UNT  System page.
  5. From
    here, you can narrow your search for Psychiatrists by city, zip code,
    and/or clinician name. You can also specify preferences on your doctor’s
    gender, ethnicity, and areas of expertise.

This page was last modified on September 4, 2015