UNT Health Science Center is committed to creating solutions for a healthier community. The Office of Sustainability within Facilities Management supports that mission by encouraging our campus to adopt behaviors that are better for the health of our community and environment. Our purpose is to partner with various departments and persons on campus and in the community to implement sustainable practices on campus.
For over a decade, the campus has been implementing strategies to be good stewards of our resources. These initiatives include reducing energy usage, conserving water, and recycling to name a few. Learn what our campus is doing to be sustainable and get involved in the efforts!
- Check out the UNTHSC Community Garden Video.
- Sustainability Pledge pick-up times for your FREE water bottle!
- Students qualify for reduced fare pricing for public transit which can be up to 75% off the normal price. Contact us to get all the details.
- Interested in serving on the committee or as a liaison? Contact us to learn how you can get involved.
- Saturday, October 10th, we will be painting a mural on an external wall at the community garden. Drive by and see it soon!
- Lunch & Learn: Food Day 2015 – Come celebrate Food Day 2015 (a day meant to inspire people to change their diets and our food policies to be healthier and more sustainable). We will be showing a short film PLUS booths and giveaways. See the flyer here!
- Welcome new students! See your Guide to Sustainability here!